Vote or be quiet

My mind is too busy to blog right now.  I am preparing for my first time as an Area Manager for elections in my area.  I am supervising 6 precincts... yay me.  Both of my kids and a niece are also working elelctions at the precinct I was at before I got the promotion. 

So, all I have to say right now is vote or don't complain.  No this is not the presidential election, but in my area, a whole bunch of taxes and referendums are on the ballot.

They say there's no taxation without representation, and it's true... if you go to vote.  Otherwise, you are giving up your right to have a say.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I love you but it's NOT true. My husband works in Kansas City and we live in a nearby suburb. Unless we move to Kansas City we cannot vote on the taxes there. They can do whatever they want and there isn't much we can do about it unless my husband wants to quit/live in a cardboard box.

Also, if you're in a real minority, it doesn't matter what you say or how often you say it. The majority will trample you every time. We don't have a proportional representative form of government. That can have some good/bad aspects, but really what it comes down to is that the people on the fringes get zero say.

I'm still voting... but I understand it to be a farce and an exercise in futility.

Ahermitt said...

I love you too Happy. I don't disagree with you, but I think many of us lay down our rights and don't vote at all because we feel defeated. If that happens, things will only get worse.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

That, or we're just lazy and use disenfranchisement as an excuse. It happens. :)

Anyway, not sure you check back on the comments or not so thought I'd come back and say you can find shirts of all kinds here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/

About everything a nerd would ever want besides a computer.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...