What are your daughters wearing to prom?

There is a big to-do about prom dresses in the news.  Apparently, high schools want it to be clear that girls should wear prom dresses that make them look like young ladies... not hookers.  Yes, I said that.  It completely floors me that parents are paying hundreds of dollars for dresses for their daughters that have so little fabric.  Have they forgotten their veto power?  Are they afraid to say no?  ... And will they really be surprised when their little girl comes home knocked up?  Yes, I said that too.

I'm sorry, but whether I buy my daughter a prom dress or not (yes, homeschoolers really do have proms), there will be quite a bit of body coverage. My rules are:

NO CLEAVAGE
NO BARE BACK
NO CUT OUTS
NO STRAPLESS without a cover up
NOTHING ABOVE THE KNEES


 Are my versions of a decent prom dress really so unbearable that girls can't look good and ladylike and still have a memorable night?
Erin in 2 Prom Dresses


IMG_2857
flickr-5529

I especially like the idea of a vintage or period dress for prom. I'd be willing to pay a small fortune for that. My kid is really quirky and would wear something like this.
steampunk dress progress


(all images from creative commons)

 FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

I think that last one is gorgeous. :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...