A follow up on my conversation about race and Trayvon Martin

I wrote what I wrote last night because it was heavy on my heart and had been itching to get out.  But a good night's sleep always brings perspective.  This does not mean that I am not any less scared, angry, dissappointed, and broken-hearted over the Trayvon Martin case,  because I am.

However, I am also encouraged that so many people have stood up for justice of this young child.  I am not only seeing black teens and their parents mobilizing over this case, but I am also seeing white, Hispanic, Muslim, and all other nationalities pulling together to call for justice.

So while this issue makes it painfully aware that we still have a long way to come in the matter of race relations, I am also happy to notice that we have already come a long way.  The only problem is that half-way is not far enough.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...