You've gotta have a plan B

I just updated my son's plans for the new school year.  It looks like Dual enrollment at the local college is out of the question.  I find it interesting that non homeschoolers have gotten in with ACT scores lower than his, but he does not qualify for dual enrollment. It is also interesting that his current scores WILL get him into the four year colleges that he really wants to go to. 

On the other hand, if he is not fully ready for college math, as they say,  then we have another year to prepare him for it.  That is a good thing.  I remember losing my love for math in the 11th grade and struggling miserably my first year in college.  I don't want that for him. I want him to hit the ground running.

 So... it looks like we are going to use Georgia Virtual School which are online classes provided by the state (Not to be confused with Georgia Cyber Academy which is public school at home).  Homeschoolers are still in charge when they use GVS.  GVS has have been allowing one credit per semester  (2  half credit classes) for a few years now, and have recently opened it up to 6 per semester. I wouldn't recommend taking that many classes online at once.   I like to mix it up a little and keep some of the homeschooling at home.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...