Getting Ready for Summer College Experiences

Both kids have been accepted to spend a week in summer programs at their prospective college choices.  They will be participating in "summer intensives" to get a taste of the colleges.  I am hoping that the experience will get them excited about ending their homeschool journey and also let them know for sure that this is the
college they want, and give us some comparison points as we look at other colleges.

Can you believe that I will be homeschooling a Senior and a Junior next year? But more about that later.

I just realized that a week away from home means I need to purchase new bedding.  They need those extra long sheet sets, and the ones they currently use won't work...since they sleep in full size beds. I was introduced to this link for seventeen bedding, so I won't have to hit the streets going from store to store before college bedding sets even hit the stores.

So, someone tell me how my kids are supposed get along in the room with a roommate, when they have never had to share a room in their lives.  Heck, my son moved down to the basement so he won't have to share a bathroom anymore.

My daughter will have to do without a bedroom vanity due to limited space... or perhaps she will give up her desk and do any schoolwork on her bed.

My son may have to sleep on a bunk bed!  He six foot 2 inches, and still growing.  Plus he made me get rid of his loft bed years ago because the ladder rungs hurt his feet so they had better have bunk beds with stairs for him to get to the top, because there is no way they can squeeze him into a bottom bunk. 

While I am sure they will survive their weeks on the college campuses this summer, when it is time to move into the dorms for real, we are going to have some challenges.

Time is flying so fast!  I can't believe I am even thinking about this right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...