Recent articles I wrote for families.com

Forgive me for not being more active lately, but as you may or may not know, I write for the families.com homeschool blog. Here are some of my recent blogs:

Fifth Grade Math Curriculum

Fifth grade math curriculum builds upon what was learned in previous years. Your child may already know many of these concepts, but they must be practiced at a higher difficulty level. Here are the math concepts that your fifth grader should learn.

Homeschooling making Schools of the Future Possible

If you were an elementary school student in the 1970's like I was, then you remember predictions of what it would be like to like in the year 2000.


What are your homeschoolers doing this summer?

As summer approaches, it is time for my family to switch from out regular homeschool schedule to out summer schedule. I want my children to continue spending time purposely learning every day without burning them out.


How to Make Your Homeschoolers Good Citizens


Yesterday I addressed the assumption that homeschoolers may turn out to be poor citizens. Realizing that this accusation is just another way to make homeschooling appear inferior, just like the socialization issue, it is still important for homeschoolers to work to invalidate such statements.

Can Homeschoolers Be Good Citizens?

I recently came across a conversation on one of my homeschooling email lists about homeschooling and citizenship.


Fourth Grade Homeschool Basics

For your child's fourth grade curriculum, I have complied a list for each subject for you to use. Each page will have a list of recommended subjects that you should cover as well as links to materials that I recommend. This list also contains information brought to you by other bloggers.


Fourth Grade Language Arts Part 2


Fourth Grade language arts skills builds upon skills learned in previous years. Here is part 2 of the list of fourth grade language arts skills adapted from the World book website along with my suggestions for teaching these skills.

Fourth grade Language Arts Part 1


Fourth Grade language arts skills builds upon skills learned in previous years. Here is part 1 of the list of fourth grade language arts skills adapted from the World book website along with my suggestions for teaching these skills.

What Does it Feel Like to be a Homeschooler?

Homeschoolers, especially homeschooling parents experience a wide range of emotions. Some of these emotions come from within; others are a result of outside experiences. Some are very good. Others are not so great.

Fourth Grade Science Curriculum

Fourth grade science curriculum focuses on nature, such as plant, weather, pollution, and the earth's place in the solar system. The following list of lessons was adapted from the list at World Book Encyclopedia. I am adding suggestions you can use to teach these lessons.

Read the families.com homeschool blog here:

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are all fantastic articles, I am glad you shared them with us! I look forward to digging in a bit more later.

Thanks,
Tiany

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...